Ten reasons to own a CT 200h F SPORT Special Edition
Admit it, you’re dying to own a CT 200h F SPORT Special Edition—I mean just look at it. It’s arriving in dealerships right now, and is a limited production vehicle. But if you’re not yet convinced that one of these special editions would look good in your driveway, try to resist our persuasive efforts to show you the light:
1. The colors: Okay, first off—Nebula Gray Pearl. It’s a brand new color for Lexus, and it looks pretty sick on the CT. Bonus: there are two other colors to choose from for the CT F SPORT Special Edition—the white Starfire Pearl and silvery-gray Tungsten Pearl.
2. The leather: This special edition offers soft leather exactly where you want it—in other words, the places you touch with your bare hands. There’s a leather-trimmed shift knob, plus a perforated leather steering wheel (emblazoned with Lexus’ iconic F performance logo, natch).
3. The metal: Think sharp-looking touches like aluminum sport pedals, metal doorsill scuff plates, and a metallic dash panel trim.
4. The front end: If the CT F SPORT Special edition front view looks familiar, it’s because it’the same aggressive-looking grille as the CT with F SPORT Package—and both vehicles sport the same unique mesh design as the high-performance IS F.
5. The matching luggage: Here’s a nice touch, and an elegant reminder (among many) that the CT F SPORT Special Edition is a Lexus through and through—it comes with a set of premium custom F SPORT-embossed Tumi luggage that perfectly matches the car’s overall look (see: the Ocean Blue Nuluxe-matched zippers). Then again, this shouldn’t be a surprise—Tumi is the same high-end travel-accessories maker that designed the Lexus LFA’s custom-fit suitcases.
6. The blues: Blue used to be known as the color of the sky, but Lexus owners know better. It’s now the color associated with Lexus hybrids (logo badging) and Lexus F SPORT-equipped performance vehicles (blazing Ultrasonic Blue Mica exteriors). So, given that that the CT F SPORT Special Edition is both a Lexus Hybrid and F SPORT-equipped, it’s fitting that the interior sports some suave Ocean Blue Nuluxe seats with blue stitching. (Note: The F SPORT Special Edition is not available in Utrasonic Blue Mica.)
7. F SPORT components, part 1: This is the only CT edition thus far to include F SPORT suspension tuning, a setup that includes the F SPORT accessory line’s lowering springs (to lower the center of gravity) and sway bars (to help reduce body sway when cornering), both of which enhance the vehicle’s overall responsiveness.
8. F SPORT components, part II: But wait, there’s more—as in the F SPORT line’s aesthetic touches like 17-inch “trident-five-spoke” alloy wheels with Liquid Silver finish (and, soon enough, Dark Graphite), exterior badging, and six-piece floor mats that match the Ocean Blue Nuluxe seats.
9. Lexus enthusiasts give it a thumbs up: Okay, this might be expected, but the fact is that leading Lexus bloggers don’t hesitate to offer honest critiques. Last month, Kaizen Factor and Club Lexus editor Ryan Bacsafra test-drove a CT F SPORT Special Edition and then offered some positive personal insights at the SEMA auto show (see video above). Plus The Lexus Enthusiast’s Kevin Watts calls it “a great looking upgrade.”
10. Auto bloggers give it a thumbs up: Just a couple first impressions from other auto bloggers. Says TopSpeed.com: “It’s really a hot hatch.” Agrees TopGearRules.org: “This new hybrid model is looking quite good—if not menacing.”
 Vehicle(s) shown may feature optional equipment.
 F SPORT Accessories are warranted for 12 months from the date of installation or for the balance of the new-car or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty in force at the date of installation, whichever is greater, when installed by an authorized Lexus dealer. F SPORT Accessories installed by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer are warranted for 12 months from the date of purchase only, and the warranty coverage is limited to the replacement value of the F SPORT Accessories. These warranties do not cover maintenance services such as replacement of brake pads/linings and clutch linings; or noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear. Part failure caused by improper installation by anyone other than an authorized Lexus dealer may void the F SPORT Accessories warranty, the new-vehicle warranty or both.
 F SPORT is a trademark of Toyota Motor Corporation. All information presented herein is based on data available at time of printing and is subject to change without notice. F SPORT Accessories are available exclusively through participating Lexus dealers. See dealers for more detailed information.